Northwestern University, Evanston, IL (Sep. 2016 – present)
Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering (4.00/4.00)
Advisors: Prof. Randall Q. Snurr, Prof. Justin M. Notestein
Tufts University, Medford, MA (Sep. 2011 – May 2015)
B.S. in Chemical Engineering, summa cum laude (3.91/4.00)
Honors & Awards
- Ryan Fellowship, International Institute for Nanotechnology (2018-2021)
- George Thodos Teaching Assistant Award, Northwestern University – Department of Chemical & Biological Engineering (2017)
- National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellowship, U.S. Department of Defense (2017-2021)
- Class of 1947 Victor Prather Prize for Research Excellence, Tufts University (2015)
- Goldwater Scholarship (2014)
- Tufts University Summer Research Scholarship (2014)
- Outstanding Undergraduate Poster Presentation Award, 55th American Physical Society – Division of Plasma Physics Conference (2013)
- National Undergraduate Fellowship, U.S. Department of Energy (2013)
- Tau Beta Pi (2013)
- A.S. Rosen, J.M. Notestein, R.Q. Snurr. “Comprehensive Phase Diagrams of MoS2 Edge Sites Using Dispersion-Corrected DFT Free Energy Calculations.” J. Phys. Chem. C (2018).
- A.S. Rosen. “Correlations, trends and potential biases among publicly accessible web-based student evaluations of teaching: a large-scale study of RateMyProfessors.com data.” Assess. Eval. High. Educ. (2018).
- E.E. Dames, A.S. Rosen, B.W. Weber, C.W. Gao, C-J. Sung, and W.H. Green. “A Detailed Combined Experimental and Theoretical Study on Dimethyl Ether/Propane Blended Oxidation.” Combust. Flame (2016).
- A. S. Rosen, M.L. Reinke, J.E. Rice, A.E. Hubbard, and J.W. Hughes. “Validation of X-ray Line Ratios for Electron Temperature Determination in Tokamak Plasmas.” J. Phys. B (2014).
- Recognized as “the best work published in J. Phys. B in 2014“
- A.S. Rosen, J.M. Notestein, R.Q. Snurr. “Thermodynamic Stability and Kinetic Favorability of MoS2 Edge Sites for Alkane Dehydrogenation”. Catalysis Club of Chicago Symposium (2018)
- A.S. Rosen, P. Liao, H.A. Doan, M. Barona, R.B. Getman, R.Q. Snurr. “Computational Screening and Predictive Catalyst Design of Metal-Organic Frameworks for the Oxidation of Methane and Ethane”. Inorganometallic Catalyst Design Center Annual Meeting (2017).
- A.S. Rosen, S.L. Nauert, H.A. Doan, M. Barona, J.M. Notestein, and R.Q. Snurr. “DFT Study of Metal Oxide Nanoclusters for C-H Bond Activation.” SUNCAT Summer Institute: Fundamentals and Applications of Heterogeneous Catalysis (2017).
- A.S. Rosen. “Correlations, Trends, and Potential Biases among Publicly Accessible Web-Based Student Evaluations of Teaching.” 4th Northwestern Computational Research Day (2017).
- A.S. Rosen and H. Yi. “The Biofabrication and Analysis of 2D Self-Assembled Metal Nanoparticles.” Tufts University Summer Scholars Symposium Series (2014).
- A.S. Rosen, M.L Reinke, J.E. Rice, A.E. Hubbard, and J.W. Hughes. “Validation of X-ray Line Ratios for Electron Temperature Determination in Tokamak Plasmas.” 16th Tufts Undergraduate Research & Scholarship Symposium (2014).
- A.S. Rosen, M.L. Reinke, J.E. Rice, A.E. Hubbard, and J.W. Hughes. “Validation of X-ray Line Ratios for Electron Temperature Determination in Tokamak Plasmas.” 55th American Physical Society Division of Plasma Physics Conference (2013).
- Winter 2018: Teaching assistant for Chem_Eng 404: Advanced Thermodynamics (Teaching Evaluation)
- Spring 2017: Teaching assistant for Chem_Eng 212: Phase Equilibrium and Staged Separations (Teaching Evaluation)
Chemical Engineering Review Website: Rosen Review
- Created and run a website to explain undergraduate- and graduate-level STEM courses, with a focus on chemical engineering, via comprehensive review guides
- Over 740,000 page views with visitors from 191 countries
Affiliations & Memberships
- Catalysis Club of Chicago
- American Chemical Society
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
- American Institute of Chemical Engineering
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Tau Beta Pi
- The Order of the Engineer
- Fundamentals of Engineering Exam – Chemical (NCEES, License 24733)